A parent was asked why they would pay for music lessons. These are just some of their answers:
- I pay for my kids to learn to self-discipline.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to achieve their goals and that success is not a one-time event, but rather a lifetime of personal development.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment as well as success.
- I pay so that my kids can be creating something beautiful and positively transformative through a personal relationship with music making rather than in front of a screen...
- I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships and to be inspired and to inspire others.
-I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are "too tired" to go practice and go to lessons but they practice daily and go to lessons regularly anyway.
...I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for music lessons; I'm paying for the opportunities that music provides my kids to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!